Continental Imports Limited collects personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This policy answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us.
We collect the following information about our customers:
- Company Name and Contact information
- Address, postal code, telephone numbers and email addresses
- customer financial information (including payment card and credit card numbers)
- purchase history and product preferences
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer’s location
- what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
- what other sites you’ve visited recently
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- to complete a sale or transaction with you
- to verify your credit, if necessary
- to place special orders on your behalf
- to deliver products directly to you
- to limit the possibility of fraud when we process your returns
If it’s a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company. For eg., when you apply for credit, we pass on your personal information to other companies you listed on the application so we can complete a credit check. We also pass on your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery.
We also use your personal information for other, secondary reasons, including:
We will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you
directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called “opting out.”
By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information and/or not to share it with other companies.
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Jeff Van Niekerk
5287A Hwy 11, RR1
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190
or by mail at:
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
or on the Web at: